Thursday 17 April 2014

Grasshopper Warbler, Little Owl and liverwort.

I heard a Grasshopper Warbler singing from bushes near John Emery land this morning - the first of the year. Will it stay to breed I wonder? Also watched a Male Blackbird  trying to chase off a  Little Owl from a hedgerow in Stanley Moss. The owl did fly off, but I think more because it was me that was being bothered by the bird.

I also admired a fine carpet of Common Liverwort plants growing on the cobbled area of the John Emery Land. It looked as though all the plants were male as no female receptacles were visible. Gemmae cups can be seen on the bottom left-hand corner of the photo (below).



Grasshopper Warbler habitat in Endon today.
Marchantia polymorpha  subsp. montivagans 








No comments:

Post a Comment