Monday 1 December 2014

Two Robins share my garden - but not the feeders perhaps!

I see these two Robins (well I assume they are the same two every time I see them) quite a lot at the moment. Their territory boundaries seem to cross my back garden which also contains three bird feeders. The bird in the foreground is the one that wins the argument. He or she (again, presumably the same one every time) sees off the other one which sometimes gets to sneak in and have a feed alongside the other, while it isn't looking! In winter both male and female Robins hold a territory. Both sexes also sing a winter song at this time of year. Once the days start to lengthen, after about 21st December, the males will start to sing their breeding territory song. 



1 comment:

  1. Nice Blog Wendy well done you can follow my Canal Volunteer Blog at
    st28lx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete